CYNGOR CYMUNED Y BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTES OF BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
HELD IN THE COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 1 MARCH 2010 AT 19.00 HRS
|G B Jones|
|J M Lawrence|
|W J Williams|
|In Attendance:||County Cllr:||R P Quant|
|Clerk:||M C Walker|
|5 Members of the Public|
354. Cllrs C Bainbridge, Jo Jones, J Owen, A J Morris and Cllr Mathew Teasdale.
PRESENTATION BY STEVE AND ANDREA EDWARDS – YOUTH WORKERS
355. The Chairman welcomed Steve and Andrea to the meeting. Mrs Andrea Edwards, Area Youth Co-Ordinator for North of Ceredigion and Mr Steve Edwards, Youth worker, explained how Borth Youth Centre has been re-vamped. At present it is open on a Wednesday evening for various activities and arrangements are in hand for the Youth Club to restart in April. The venture will run term time only with a nominal sum of 50p for subs. The Chairman thanked both for attending the meeting.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
356. To remind Cllrs concerning of any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting.
357. It was resolved to confirm the Minutes of the Council meeting held on 1 February 2010 as being a true record.
358. Borth Sea Defences. Minute 324. Cllr Quant gave an update as a separate agenda item..
359. Information Board. Minute 325. The second information board has been made and delivered. Cllr Quant is to arrange a meeting between members of Council and Ann Eleri of Ceredigion County Council to see if planning permission is required opposite the Sea Horse Inn for sighting of the board. It was resolved to give authority to the sub committee to make the decision as to where it should be sighted and it was further resolved to allocate the sum of £500 towards the installation of the board and the making of galvanised feet if required.
360. Bus Campaign. Minute 326. Cllr Hitchings has received 26 letters of support from town and community councils to date. He proposes that the Council writes to all County Councillors individually and proceed to move onto the next stage by publicising in the Cambrian News.
361. Ceredigion County Council. Consultation on a possible merger of the Standards Committee and Standards Sub-Committee.
362. Dyfed Powys Police Authority. Dates of four meetings in February to find out how the policing division has performed against the priorities set out by the Police Authority.
363. Second Life Products Wales. Information on street furniture manufactured from 100% recycled polythene.
364. Welsh Assembly Government. Review of Councillors' Allowances Regulations. Comments no later than 11th June 2010.
365. Urdd Gobaith Cymru. The Clerk has made enquiries into the cost of bunting and flags in preparation for Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Urdd Gobaith Cymru 2010 which is to be held in Ceredigion. The official Ceredigion bunting costs £10 per metre, hand held flags are £1 each and a banner which measures approximately 5ft in length is free of charge. The Clerk was asked to obtain free banners for placing each end of the village.
366. Ecodyfi. A request for observations on a consultation draft of a new action plan for tourism in the Dyfi Valley. The Clerk distributed copies of Cllr Teasdale's response to all members present.
367. Land at Borth. A request from Mr Thomas' solicitors asking for copies of the statutory declarations which were used in support of the application to the Land Registry a number of years ago and which led to Borth Community Council being registered as the owners of the land in question.
368. NAW Equality of Opportunity Committee. An inquiry into the accessibility of railway stations in Wales. Submissions no later than Thursday 1st April.
369. Mr Hywel Jones – Chief Executive Mudiad Ysgol Meithrin. A thank you letter for the Council's support in it's efforts to obtain a mobile nursery unit on the grounds of the school.
370. Ecodyfi. Details of forthcoming events.
371. Ceredigion County Council. A map of the route of the Wales Coastal Path through the Dyfi Valley.
372. One Voice Wales. An invitation to renew the Council's membership with One Voice Wales from April 2010. Members resolved to renew for a further year at a cost of £196.
373. Donation Requests. The Clerk distributed a list of requests from various organisations for financial assistance which were received throughout the year. After considering each request it was resolved to donate the following: Capel y Garn Cemetery-£50, Age Concern Ceredigion-£25, Wales Air Ambulance-£25, Tincer-£50 and Macmillan Cancer Support-£20.
|374.||Balance of Accounts at 13 February 2010|
|Community Acc (previously known as Treasures Acc)||500.17|
|Business No Notice Acct||1546.06|
|Lease of Land at Gerydon-2007-09 inc||300.00|
|Scottish Power Wayleaves||28.36|
|376.||Expenditure. It was resolved to pay the following accounts:|
|One Voice Wales - 2010 membership||196.00|
|M Walker - Clks Sal 456.52, off exp 8.88||465.40|
|Post Office Ltd - tax & NI cont Jan, Feb, March||344.04|
|Capel y Garn Cemetery||50.00|
|Age Concern Ceredigion||25.00|
|Wales Air Ambulance||25.00|
|Macmillan Cancer Support||20.00|
377. Full Planning Permission Granted. A090571. Erection of a pair of semi-detached dwellings. 37 A + B Ffordd y Fulfran, Borth.
378. Cllr Wyatt said that the boat park was a wonderful facility, however it has recently become a scrap yard. She believes that the boats left on the park should be in an usable condition and not dumped. After a brief discussion it was proposed to put a notice on each boat explaining that if not claimed within a 28 day period they would be removed by the Council. In future it was proposed that each boat be registered with the Community Council before parking. Clr Billy Williams volunteered to spray the boat park.
379. Cllr Wyatt said that half the picnic area had been gravelled whilst the other half had not. Cllr Williams said he would inspect the area and arranged to meet with Cllr Wyatt and Cllr Lawrence. Cllr Wyatt also suggested demolishing the flower bed between the car park and the picnic area.
380. Cllr Quant gave a detailed report on events following on from the public consultation. A planning application will be submitted in April. Cllr Quant asked Council once again, “Which option do you feel we should be progressing?” It was resolved to progress with Option 9a.
381. Nothing to report.
382. Cllr Wyatt reported that the bins on the car park had been emptied and that one of the Give Way signs had been removed. A member of the public has asked whether the contractors doing the remedial work to the breastworks could dig out the drains that run onto the beach. Cllr Wyatt informed members that rubbish is once again piling up in the ditches on the road to the civic amenity site. Cllr Williams said that there was an abandoned car at the bottom end of the village and had been there for the past 3 months. Cllr Quant to action. Cllr Hitchings informed Council that Gwastad Lane road is cracking quite severely. Although this may not be a problem at present it could become one once the holiday season begins and the caravans start travelling over the road. Cllr Quant to action.
COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
383. Cllr Quant distributed a copy of the Borth Community Website page linked to Menter Aberystwyth site. Cllr Quant has met with a company called Smart Data who has provided a quotation of £1762.50 inc VAT to build a new Borth Community Website domain. Cllr Quant proposed that Borth Community Council pay £500 towards the site and the remainder would be paid by Ceredigion Coastal Defence. He proposed that Borth Sports & Playing Fields Association would manage the site. Cllr Bryn Jones felt it was important that the sites' first page was at the very least in both Welsh and English. Cllr Quant said he would look into maintenance charges etc after the first twelve months had expired. He also suggested a presentation to Council by the company. Cllr Hitchings proposed an extraordinary meeting on Monday 15th March 2010 when a representative from Smart Data would address the Council if this could be arranged.
NEXT MEETING AND MATTERS FOR AGENDA
384. There being no further business the Chairman closed the public meeting at 21.50hrs. Agenda items for the next meeting to be held on 12 April 2010 to include Presentation by Mr Digby Bevan – Ceredigion Rural Housing Enabler, Presentation by representatives of Borth United Football Club and Public Services in Ynyslas. Any other items are to be notified to the Clerk.
- Hits: 5746