Minutes - (Remote) - June 2020
MINUTES OF A REMOTE BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON
MONDAY 1st JUNE 2020 AT 19.00HRS
Present: Chairperson: R Dalton
G B Jones
A J Morris
D Pryce Jones
In Attendance: County Cllr: R P Quant
Clerk: M Walker
3Members of the Public.
385. Cllrs M Griffiths and J James.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
387. To remind Cllrs concerning of any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting. Cllr Morris declared an interest in advance of agenda item 9, Boat Park Lease.
MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING
388. It was resolved to confirm the minutes of the remote monthly meeting held on 11 May 2020 as being a true record. Proposed by Cllr Morris and seconded by Cllr Bainbridge. All members voted in favour.
390. Coronavirus. Regular updates and information from One Voice Wales, Welsh Government, Wales Audit Office and Ceredigion County Council.
391. One Voice Wales. The launch of “Local Places for Nature” scheme.
Amendments to two standing orders on Sustainable Drainage.
Cancellations of OVW area committee meetings.
392. Welsh Government. Details of all current consultations.
IRPW supplementary report on the principles relating to the reimbursement of costs of care.
393. Boat Park Lease. Letter of objection to the proposal to lease the boat park. Also confirmation from Emma that she wishes to proceed. The lease was dealt with under agenda item 9.
394. Tarian Cymru. A request to financially support a venture to purchase PPE for distribution where needed in Wales. It was agreed not to support this request as the organisation is not a registered charity and there is sufficient PPE in Wales to last a further six months.
395. Balance of Accounts at 13 May 2020
Community Acct 16,757.40
Business No Notice Acct 14,138.07
Deposit Account 3,667.12
397. Expenditure – Members resolved to pay the following:
H Hughes – reimbursement of annual subs to Zoom 143.88
Natural Resources Wales-drainage rates 290.88
M Walker – clerks salary 508.00
Heledd Davies – translation March & May minutes, Emergency Plan 255.35
398. Annual Return for Year Ending 31 March 2020. Copies of the annual return were distributed to Cllrs by e-mail due to the current situation. Cllr Quant gave a comprehensive report on the accounts and the Annual Return. The Council confirms that the Annual Return has been presented to Council and resolved to approve the Accounting Statements 2019/20. The Council noted the contents of the Annual Internal Audit Report which was carried out and certified by Mrs Hilary Matthews (Internal Auditor) and it was resolved to approve Parts 1 and 2 of the Annual Governance Statement and authorised the Chairman and the Clerk to sign the Return on behalf of the Council. Proposed by Cllr Hughes and seconded by Cllr Morris with all members voting in favour. An arrangement will be made for the Chair to sign the return.
Mrs Hilary Matthews carried out and signed the internal audit on the 30th April and the accounts will be made available for inspection between 1st and the 28th September.
399. Application for Full Planning Permission.
BOAT PARK LEASE
400. The Council has agreed to accept and approve the lease subject to an amendment under Insurance” Clause 8.1. The word “Landlord” shall be amended to “Tenant” and will read “The Tenant will also ensure that adequate Public Liability Insurance is in place in respect of the Property at all times”. The amendment was proposed by Cllr Hughes and seconded by Cllr Bainbridge with all members, with the exception of Cllr Morris who had declared an interest, voting in favour of the proposal. The Clerk was asked to contact the solicitor to request an amendment to the lease and to complete the paperwork.
REMUNERATION FOR COUNCILLORS
401. As in previous years the Panel continues to mandate a payment of £150 as a contribution to costs and expenses for members of all community and town councils. An individual may decline to receive part, or all, of the payments if they so wish. This must be done in writing and is an individual matter. A community or town council member wishing to decline payments must themselves write to their proper officer to do so. The Clerk will send an e-mail out to Cllrs requesting they advise her if they wish to decline the payment.
402. Cllr Dalton remains concerned as to how far the sea comes up to the wall opposite Dovey Belle during strong winds and high tides.
403. Cllr Bainbridge is concerned at a planning application for a chicken farm in Talybont. However, this application falls within the area of their Community Council for comment. The annual carnival procession has been cancelled for this year though some events will take place. Borth and Ynyslas Golf Club reopened today.
Cllr Jones said that it had been very busy on the beach over the weekend despite lockdown.
Cllr Pryce Jones reported that the owners of New Haven travelled down to Borth every weekend from Llandrindod Wells. Cllr Quant said the police had been informed. There is an increase of dog mess on the beach and it was decided to put the “No dogs on the beach” banners back up in situ and to put a reminder on the website and on social media.
Cllr Tweedy said that he had informed the police that there was a motorcyclist riding up the public footpath and around the bog every evening for several nights. The motorcyclist has not been caught and has not been back since.
COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
404. Cllr Quant gave an update on Covid 19. 41 positive cases have been recorded in Ceredigion, no cases in Bronglais at present and no cases in any care homes in the area. Ceredigion has been chosen as one of the pilot counties for the Coronavirus “track and trace” test.
NEXT MEETING AND MATTERS FOR AGENDA
405. There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.50pm. Agenda items for the next meeting to be held on Monday 6 July 2020 to include AGM, Beaches and Bus Shelters. Any other items are to be notified to the Clerk. Cllr Hughes will issue a link to the meeting in advance.
- Hits: 875