MINUTES OF THE REMOTE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD
ON MONDAY 6 JULY 2020 AT 18.30 HRS
Present: Chairperson: R Dalton (chaired the meeting until the election of the new chairperson)
H Hughes G B Jones
A J Morris
D Pryce Jones
In Attendance: County Cllr: R P Quant
Clerk: M C Walker
2 Members of the Public
1. Cllrs M Griffiths and J James.
ELECTION OF A CHAIRPERSON
2. Cllr Morris proposed to elect Cllr Hugh Hughes as Chairperson for 2020/21. Cllr Pryce Jones seconded the proposal and all members present voted in favour.
DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
3. Cllr Hughes made his declaration of acceptance of office and took the chair.
ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRPERSON
4. Cllr Carol Bainbridge was elected as Vice Chairperson for 2020/21. All members present voted in favour.
MINUTES OF THE LAST ANNUAL MEETING AND MATTERS ARISING
5. Copies of the Minutes of the Annual Meeting held on 13 May 2019 were sent by e-mail to all members. The minutes had been confirmed as being a true record at the 3rd June 2019 meeting, minute 40.
CHAIRPERSON’S REPORT FOR 2019/20
6. Two months after I should have handed the Chair to Hugh Hughes I finally stand down by a Zoom meeting due to changes caused by the Coronavirus.
What a year we have had. It has been a pleasure to have been in the Chair and have support of all the Councillors.
My first meeting started sadly as we mourned the loss of a Councillor in office Gwenllian Ashley. Over the summer we also saw the death of a long standing retired Councillor Billy Williams. Both were hard working Councillors and are greatly missed.
This year has seen Mike Wilcox retire. The Council has seen two enthusiastic new members join, Delyth Pryce Jones and Rhydian Davies.
The year has flown by with usual issues of trying to reduce speeding, keeping dogs off the beach and maintaining our playground, toilets and bus stops.
My first task was to reopen the closed southern footpath to the train station. Easiest way was to write to the head of Network Rail Sir Peter Hendy, an experience which resulted in a very safe reopened pathway.
The Council had a very productive walk on the beach with Rhodri Llwyd with Councillors and members of the public. This has seen some reprofiling opposite the Premier Store.
Jill Hulses’ excellent Emergency Plan and our wonderful Community Wardens have been busy this year. With the out break of Coronavirus - Borth was fortunate to have a net work to support Borth. This platform has worked closely with Helen Williams and Borth Family Centre being a great Community Hub in these difficult times.
Over the year we saw a ban on camper vans parking in parts of Borth. Maybe the ban should be no overnight sleeping in a vehicle as Borth owners of camper vans can not park outside their homes.
My thanks go out to everybody on the Council - I know we all do a lot in different ways to support our community.
Ray thank you for all your support and especially with our Friday afternoon information share meetings.
Graham thank you for our web page.
Finally Margaret thank you for everything you do to keep Borth Council in order.
I now hand over to Hugh who I know will do a great job in the Chair.
INVITED QUESTIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
7. No questions
8. There being no further business the Chairperson closed the meeting at 18.48hrs.