CYNGOR CYMUNED Y BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD AT THE MEMORIAL HALL ON MONDAY 9 MAY 2011 AT 18.30 HRS
|G B Jones (arrived at 6.50pm)|
|A J Morris|
|W J Williams|
|M J Willcox|
|In Attendance:||County Cllr:||R P Quant|
|Clerk||M C Walker|
|4 Members of the Public|
1. Cllr J Owen. The Clerk read out a letter of resignation from Cllr Owen.
PROGRESS REPORT BY RAY JONES OF BAM NUTTALL
2. The Chairman welcomed both Ray Jones of Bam Nuttall and Alice Johnson of Royal Haskoning to the meeting. Ray Jones thanked the Council for the invitation to attend the meeting and distributed to all members a progress report on the coastal defence scheme to date. He thanked Mr Graham Taylor for his excellent work in promoting the scheme on the community website. The company has received a number of concerns relating to vibration and as a result a vibration monitoring consultant was employed to carry out tests which concluded that the level of vibration is “unlikely to cause either cosmetic or structural damage”. The Chairman invited both to attend the September meeting and thanked them for attending.
ELECTION OF A CHAIRPERSON
3. Cllr Anthony Morris was elected as Chairperson for 2011/12. All members present voted in favour.
DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
4. Cllr Morris made his declaration of acceptance of office and took the Chair.
ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRPERSON
5. Cllr Jackie Lawrence was elected as Vice Chairperson for 2011/12. All members present voted in favour.
MINUTES OF THE LAST ANNUAL MEETING AND MATTERS ARISING
6. Copies of the Minutes of the Annual Meeting held on 10 May 2010 were available. The minutes had been confirmed as being a true record at the 5th July 2010 meeting, Minute 74.
CHAIRPERSON’S REPORT FOR 2010/11
7. Cllr Lawrence gave the following report to the meeting. It has been another busy year for Borth Community Council and the following are some of the highlights:-The Council has financially supported the following community organisations-
Borth United Football Club
Borth Station Museum
plus smaller donations to other worthy local causes.
The most important event for the village for many years has been the construction works on the coastal defence scheme. The companies involved are working wonderfully with the local community and visitors and the whole scheme will be completed in the autumn. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended a very successful annual dinner held at Boulders. An invitation was extended to three members of Ceredigion County Council who have worked hard on the coastal defence scheme. We have seen three new members join the Council during the past year and I would like to extend a warm welcome to each one. Finally, I would like to thank everyone for their support during the past twelve months.
INVITED QUESTIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
8. There were no issues raised by members of the public.
CHECK INVENTORY OF COUNCIL’S DEEDS
9. The Clerk stated the original Deeds are held by the Council’s solicitor and that she holds duplicate copies, which were available for Cllrs to check.
10. There being no further business the Chairperson closed the meeting at 6.55hrs.
- Hits: 4837