CYNGOR CYMUNED Y BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTES OF BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE
COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 9 MAY 2011 AT 19.00 HRS
|G B Jones (arrived at 6.50pm)|
|A J Morris|
|W J Williams|
|M J Willcox|
|In Attendance:||County Cllr||R P Quant|
|Clerk:||M C Walker|
|4 Members of the Public|
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
2. To remind Cllrs concerning of any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting.
3. It was resolved to confirm the Minutes of the Council meeting held on 4 April 2011 as being a true record.
4. Borth Sea Defences. Minute 382. Ongoing.
5. Bus Campaign. Minute 383. Ongoing.
6. Flood Awareness Action Plan. Minute 384. Ongoing.
7. Ynyslas Noticeboard. Minute 385. Ongoing.
8. Extension of Playing Field Area. Minute 386. Ongoing.
9. Information Boards. Minute 398. Cllr Lawrence has received 6 options of the amended map and the final choice has been made. The dog ban area will be highlighted in a strong yellow colour.
10. Beach Signage. Minute 408. There are new dog signs at the bottom of Cliff Road. Cllr Moore asked for signs indicating the maximum penalty for walking dogs on the beach during the dog ban season.
11. Kompan Playful Living. Details of a new Playground Funding Support Service.
12. Nant y Moch Windfarm. An update from SSE Renewables on their proposals and recent discussions held at the Community Liaison Group.
13. Came & Co. An opportunity to change the renewal date from the 1st June each year to 1st October providing the Council with 16 months cover for the price of 12 in exchange for a new 3 year Long Term Agreement. Also details of the renewal premium which is £1814.91. Members resolved to renew the contract for a further three years.
14. Welsh Assembly Government. Details of the Findings Report of the Community and Town Council Survey 2010 which is now available on the website.
15. BDO. Notice of the annual audit for the year ending 31 March 2011. The notice of appointment of date for the exercise of electors’ rights must be displayed for 14 days from 20 June 2011 to 3 July 2011. The accounts and other documents must then be made available for 20 working days from 4 July 2011 to 29 July 2011. It is the duty of Borth Community Council to submit a copy of the annual return and supporting documentation to the auditors by the audit date of 5 August 2011. It was agreed to make the accounts available to the public at the Community Hall on the 14th July between 5.00pm and 8.00pm.
16. Ceredigion County Council. An invitation to the Chairman and Clerk to attend the AGM followed by an informal reception at the Feathers Hotel, Aberaeron on Friday 20th May at 7.pm.
17. Code of Conduct. Details of a training session on the Code of Conduct in The Guildhall, Cardigan on Monday 16th May 2011.
18. Ecodyfi. An information gathering exercise on what people are doing to improve the quality and sustainability of life in their communities.
19. Donations. A request for a contribution towards the T. Llew Jones Memorial Fund which supports and promotes creative, literary and cultural activities amongst young people through the medium of Welsh.
20. Cardigan Bay and Ynys Enlli to Geat Orme Shoreline Management Plan. Royal Haskoning have now finalised the draft plan and the final consultation process will commence on 9th May 2011 for a period of 3 months. A public consultation event will take place at Borth Community Hall on 27th May between 3pm and 8pm.
21. Other Correspondence. Play for Wales, Clerks & Councils Direct.
22. Llancynfelin Community Council. The Council has no objection to Cllr Anthony Morris representing the area on the Dyfi Biosphere Partnership Panel.
23. Events on public highways. The Police can no longer stop or direct traffic in connection with public events that require road closures. However, they will continue to attend such events as part of their community policing initiatives. Any organisation wishing to request a road closure must submit an application to Ceredigion County Council.
24. Balance of Accounts at 13 April 2011
|Community Acct (previously known as Treasurers Acct)||500.32|
|Business No Notice Acct||421.63|
|Deposit Account - gross int 2 Dec 2010||0.41|
|Deposit Account - gross int to 3 March 2011||0.41|
|Telephone Transfer from Community Acct||140.00|
|Nationwide - gross int to March2011||0.74|
26. Expenditure. It was resolved to pay the following accounts
|M Walker - clks sal £488.00, off exp £3.59||491.59|
|Broker Network Ltd - Council insurance||1,814.91|
|E Morris & Son - Fruit Basket||15.00|
27. Application for Full Planning Permission.
A110276. Demolition of existing extension and erection of a new extension. Ystwyth House, High Street, Borth. NO OBJECTION.
28. Planning Permission Approved.
A110006. Erection of a dwelling. Land adjacent Pant-Glas, Borth.
A110057. Access arrangements , design including scale and appearance and layout. (Planning Decision A041282). Part OS 9357, Ynyslas, Borth.
29. Planning Permission Refused.
A110117. The retention of a caravan for a temporary period for use as a dwelling whilst works are completed on the adjacent dwelling. Aberleri Boatyard, Ynyslas, Borth.
30. Cllr Morris gave a brief update on his first attendance at the Dyfi Biosphere Partnership meeting.
31. The following Councillors were allocated responsibilities for 2011/12:
C Bainbridge One Voice Wales and Transport
G B Jones Internal Auditor
J Jones One Voice Wales, PACT representative
J M Lawrence School Governor
L Moore Children’s Playground
A J Morris Internal Auditor, Dyfi Biosphere Representative
G Lewis Police Business
W J Williams Police Business
M J Willcox Fire and Council Representative on the Hall Committee
Cllr Lewis has observed Arriva buses turning around in the car park opposite the Golf Club. He is also concerned that a hole in the pavement by the turning to Grassmere is spreading onto the road. Parked cars are becoming a problem in front of the bus stop outside the YHA. Cllr Lewis called for white lines to indicate the bus stop. Cllr Moore raised the issue of street lighting and asked for some lights to be switched on throughout the village. The Chairman stated that the Council took the decision at the precept meeting in January not to fund partial or total illumination of street lights. Cllr Bryn Jones explained that ultimately the cost would be passed on to the rate payer. The issue of street lighting will be discussed at the January 2012 meeting of Council when deciding the precept. The Clerk reported a broken seat in the playground. It was resolved to authorise repair.
COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
32. Cllr Quant distributed a copy of an article in the Daily Echo referring to the reef as Boscombe. He gave a brief update on the Hall AGM and gave the Clerk a copy of the accounts for filing. Cllr Quant attended the last PACT meeting which may change its name to Neighbourhood Management Committee. The issue of the display board on the pavement opposite It’s A Gift is still an obstruction. Following a discussion the Chairman asked Cllr Quant to speak to Mr Geoff Thomas on the matter.
NEXT MEETING AND MATTERS FOR AGENDA
33. There being no further business the Chairman closed the public meeting at 8.35hrs. Agenda items for the next meeting to be held on 6 June 2011 are to be notified to the Clerk.
- Hits: 5287