Minutes - April 2011
CYNGOR CYMUNED Y BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTES OF BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 4 APRIL 2011 AT 19.00 HRS
Present: Chairperson: J M Lawrence
G B Jones
A J Morris
W J Williams
M J Willcox
In Attendance: Clerk: M C Walker
4 Members of the Public
378. Cllrs Frank Hitchings and Carol Bainbridge, Cllr J Owen and County Cllr Ray Quant. The Clerk read out a letter of resignation from Cllr Hitchings due to ongoing health problems. The Clerk was asked to send a get well card and a basket of fruit to Cllr Hitchings.
A PRESENTATION BY CATHRYN MORGAN OF RAY CEREDIGION
379. Ms Morgan was welcomed to the meeting and she proceeded to explain that RAY Ceredigion is the lead organisation in Ceredigion for the Big Lottery Child’s Play Project providing free of charge open access play sessions in communities across the county. Ms Morgan provided a slide show for members and was hoping that the team could visit the community on a weekly basis for 2 hour play sessions. She is arranging a meeting with various community organisations for Monday 11th April to discuss the project further.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
380. To remind Cllrs concerning of any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting.
381. It was resolved to confirm the Minutes of the Council meeting held on 7 March 2011 as being a true record.
382. Borth Sea Defences. Minute 349. Ongoing.
383. Bus Campaign. Minute 350. Ongoing.
384. Flood Awareness Action Plan. Minute 352. Cllr Morris and Willcox have arranged a meeting for Thursday 7th April at the RNLI station to discuss the re-forming of the Storm and Tempest committee.
385. Ynyslas Noticeboard. Minute 353. Ongoing.
386. Extension of Playing Field Area. Minute 373. Ongoing.
387. Ceredigion’s Roadside Verge Reserves. A request for information on verges in the area which are suitable or deserving of being Roadside Verge Reserves. Put forward areas of Clarach Road and the central island at Ynyslas.
388. One Voice Wales. A calendar of training events for community and town councils in Wales.
389. One Voice Wales. The membership fee for One Voice Wales 2011-12 is £203. Members resolved to renew membership for the forthcoming year.
390. Ceredigion Children and Young People’s Plan and Child Poverty Strategy (2011-2014). A draft document for consultation. The consultation period runs until the 11th April.
391. National Grid. The Spring 2011 newsletter.
392. Donation Request. Mencap Cymru. To be considered in March 2012.
393. Planning. Details of two site meetings arranged for Monday 28th March. Gloucester Cottage at 11.30am and Land adjacent to Pant Glas at 12.30pm.
394. Welsh Fire and Rescue Authority. The Welsh Assembly Government is consulting on a draft Welsh Fire and Rescue Authority Equality and Diversity Strategy 2011 -2016 and are asking for comments and observations.
395. One Voice Wales. The 7th conference and AGM of One Voice Wales will be held on Saturday 8th October 2011 at the Bont Pavilion, Pontrhydfendigaid. Agenda for the Ceredigion Area Committee meeting held on Thursday 31st March. Cllr Jo Jones volunteered to attend the AGM along with Cllr Bainbridge.
396. Garn Cemetery. Thank you letter for the recent donation.
397. Cylch Meithrin y Borth. A request for a donation. The detailed letter was read out to members. Cllr Jackie Lawrence declared a personal interest. Following a discussion amongst members it was agreed that the Clerk should write a letter of support and request an analysis and specifics of the day to day running costs.
398. Information Boards. A quotation for an amendment to the original design to include the beach dog walking areas between the 1st May and the 30th September . It was resolved to accept the quote of £360 plus VAT for the two new boards. Cllr Lawrence agreed to liaise with FBA.
399. Local Access Forum Report. The 2010 annual report for Council’s records.
400. Health Challenge Wales. February 2011 newsletter.
401. Ceredigion County Council. A short questionnaire asking for an opinion on the Council’s proposed Improvement Objectives for 2011-12.
402. Closure of Borth Tip. A letter was read out from Ms Naomi Salmon in respect of possibly opening a new community reclamation and recycling centre on the old civic amenity site land. The Clerk was asked to respond explaining that Ceredigion County Council and Morris and Bates were still negotiating a new lease. Whilst Borth Community Council fully supported the idea in principle, they would require site of a business plan and costings.
403. Balance of Accounts at 13 March 2011
Community Acct (previously known as Treasurers Acct) 500.99
Business No Notice Acct 793.63
Deposit Account 2,341.32
Business No Notice - Gross Interest to 3 March 2011 1.22
Scottish Power Wayleaves 29.27
405. Expenditure. It was resolved to pay the following accounts:
One Voice Wales 2011/12 membership fee 203.00
Post Office Ltd – Tax & Ni Cont Jan, Feb & March 314.64
RD & GG Edwards – hosting of guests at Council dinner 130.00
Transfer from nationwide account to Community A/c 1,000.00
Transfer from community a/c to clerks gratuity fund 140.00
M Walker – clerks sal £488.00. off exp £6.30 494.30
406. Application for Full Planning Permission
A110117. Temporary permission for the siting of a caravan during construction works of a dwelling. Aberleri Boatyard, Ynyslas, Borth. Borth Community Council is unaware of any approved or proposed construction works of a dwelling on a site of international conservation value. Any such development would be completely contrary to everything represented by the status of the Biosphere and SSI’s. Furthermore this land is liable to serious flooding. Borth Community Council wishes to know what evidence for these construction works the County Council has in its possession.
407. Planning Permission Refused.
A100769. Demolition of existing extension and the building of a new three storey extension. Ystwyth House, High Street, Borth.
A100795. To resite existing vehicular access to the property to a better visual and accessible position. Cae Tink, Glanwern, Borth. APPEAL.
408. Cllr Moore raised several issues in respect of signage. Dog signs facing the wrong way on footpaths to the beach. Dog fouling opposite the Golf Club a big problem. She asked for “No dog fouling” signs to be erected. Cllr Moore asked whether it would be possible to remove one of the dog bins opposite the YHA and Golf Club and place it on Cae Gwylan. Cllr Billy Williams suggested signs directing visitors to the Community Hall car park and the land behind the Health Centre as the main car park was currently in use by Bam Nuttall.
409. Cllr Lawrence was pleased with the success of the Council dinner and thanked everyone for attending. She is concerned that the Catholic Church is no longer in use and asked that the Clerk writes to the Bishop to ask for their intentions in respect of the building before it becomes derelict. The closure of Gerlan Chapel will be discussed at a later date as it is currently in limited use. Cllr Lawrence has received reports of several seats in need of repair – by It’s A Gift, by the RNLI station and by the toilet block. The Clerk was asked to send a get well card to Mrs Ann Raw Rees who is currently unwell.
410. Cllr Lewis mentioned that the advertising board opposite It’s A Gift had been placed on the pavement on several occasions. All sandbags to be removed by the Council. The road sweeper has been operating the street cleaning machine without a water sprinkler. Cllr Lewis also asked that the area between Coronation Path and the NISA be landscaped and all reeds removed.
COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
411. No report.
NEXT MEETING AND MATTERS FOR AGENDA
412. There being no further business the Chairman closed the public meeting at 21.30hrs. Agenda items for the next meeting to be held on 9 May 2011 to include AGM. Any other items are to be notified to the Clerk.
- Hits: 6960