Minutes - EGM July 2011
CYNGOR CYMUNED Y BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTES OF BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL EXTRAORDINARY
MEETING HELD IN THE MEMORIAL HALL ON MONDAY 18 JULY 2011
AT 19.00 HRS.
Present: Chairperson A J Morris
G B Jones
M J Willcox
W J Williams
In Attendance: County Cllr: R P Quant
Clerk: M C Walker
2 Members of the Public
97. Cllrs J Jones, J M Lawrence and Cllr L Moore.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
98. To remind Cllrs concerning any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting.
99. Application for Full Planning Permission.
A110489. Erection of two semi detached houses and demolition of existing garage. Breidden, Ffordd y Fulfran, Borth. Cllr G B Jones declared an interest and left the room.
Recommend refusal. Borth Community Council objects to the proposal on the grounds that it is over intensive and is not consistent with the line of detached properties in that area.
100. Planning Application Refused - APPEAL.
APP/D6820/A/11/2148713. Cae Tink, Glanwern, Borth.
101. Borth Landfill and Civic Amenity Site. A letter from Ceredigion County Council with details of the two leases for the landfill and civic amenity sites. New lease terms has been agreed for the landfill site but not yet completed. The two outstanding rent reviews for the civic amenity site are currently being considered.
102. Borth Landfill Site and Civic Amenity Site. A letter from Morris and Bates Solicitors with a proposal from Ceredigion County Council. They propose that as the rent reviews for 2005 and 2010 are still outstanding and is holding up the completion of the lease for the landfill site that the Council considers a rental of £3210 per annum from 1st April 2005 and increasing to £3733 per annum from 1st April 2010. The Chairman asked the Clerk to copy both letters and circulate to each member before the September meeting.
103. Red Box Solutions. The Clerk distributed invitations to each member to a photographic exhibition of the works of Mary Shayler at Adrift Gallery on Friday 22nd July at 7.00pm.
104. Civil Parking Enforcement. A letter from Ceredigion County Council requesting written comments on the proposal to transfer the powers relating to the management and enforcement of on street parking from the Police to the Council. Borth Community Council has no comments to make at this stage.
105. Proposed extension of football pitch. Cllr Morris gave a brief update on a meeting held with Cllr Ray Quant, Sue Byrne of CCW and Peter Fleming. CCW recommends that the community council employs an ecological consultant to establish the ecological interest of the site and any possible impact on protected species. Before a decision was made Cllrs Anthony Morris, Bryn Jones and the Clerk, Mrs Margaret Walker, declared an interest and left the room. Members then resolved to pay for the report up to the sum of £300. Cllr Morris proposed that since Borth Community Council were the leaseholders of the area in question they should pay any expenses incurred in making the application.
106. There being no further business the meeting closed at 20.02hrs.
- Hits: 5412