MINUTES OF BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 11 JUNE 2012 AT 19.00 HRS
|G B Jones|
|J M Lawrance|
|M J Wilcox|
|W J Williams|
|In Attendance||County Cllr||R P Quant|
|2 Member of the Public|
31. Cllr C Bainbridge.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
32. To remind Cllrs concerning of any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting.
PRESENTATION BY RAY CEREDIGION
33. Miss Gill Byrne attended the meeting to discuss briefly the findings of the consultation on the play area. A meeting has been arranged for Tuesday 19th June at the playground.
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD ON 14 MAY 2012
34. It was resolved to confirm the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 14 May 2012 as being a true record. The Clerk informed members, following questions raised by Mrs Brenda Davies, that she has contacted Jasmine Wilson of Ceredigion County Council to request a sign pointing to the toilet block by the RNLI. The Clerk has also spoken to Mr Cliff Bates of CCC regarding the slipway. Mr Bates said that on completion of the sea defence works the launching of boats could go ahead though there is no decision as yet as to whether there will be an operating control officer on site. That decision will follow.
35. It was resolved to confirm the Minutes of the Council meeting held on 14 May 2012 as being a true record.
36. Flood Awareness Action Plan. Minute 4. Ongoing.
37. Extension of Playing Field Area. Minute 5. Members resolved to pay the £165 fee for submitting the planning application.
38. Dogs. Minute 8. The bilingual leaflets have been produced and were given to members to distribute to each house around Borth and Ynyslas and to each of the caravan sites.
39. Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Mugs. Minute 9. Borth Sports and Playing Fields Association have planned a Jubilee party for Sunday 8th July but this will now be subject to completion of the floors following the recent flooding.
40. Balchder Pentrefi Application. Minute 10. The Clerk was asked to send a letter accepting the terms of the grant.
41. Nant y Moch Wind Farm. A project update informing the Council that the planned submission date of a planning application is now Autumn 2012.
42. One Voice Wales. An invitation to attend the 9th Conference and AGM to be held on Saturday 13th October at the Bont Pavilion, Ponthrydfendigaid. This will be discussed at the July meeting.
43. Dyfi Biosphere. An invitation to attend the annual meeting to be held at Y Plas, Machynlleth at 7pm on Thursday 31st May 2012.
44. Land to the rear of Sea Breezes. A letter from Morris & Bates Solicitors enclosing a cheque for £150 as payment for the piece of land.
45. Ceredigion County Council. A letter from the Participation Officer within the Ceredigion Children’s and Young People’s Partnership Support Team asking for the name of the representative member within the Community Council in relation to issues around children and young people. This item was deferred until the July meeting.
46. One Voice Wales. An invitation for responses to the government consultation on proposals for a Sustainable Development Bill.
47. One Voice Wales. Details and dates of New Councillor Induction Sessions.
48. Code of Conduct. Training sessions on the Code of Conduct and related matters will be held at Penmorfa from 6.30pm to 7.45pm on Wednesday 27th June and Wednesday 4th July. The Clerk, Cllrs Griffiths, James and Moore will attend the July 4th session.
49. Flood Risk Management. A request to provide details on the Council’s flood risk development plan. Members discussed in great detail the localised flooding over the previous weekend. The Clerk was asked to send a letter to Ceredigion County Council requesting that they facilitate a meeting between the communities affected and to ask what plans they have for the cleaning of the leat and the ditches following the floods.
50. Friends of Borth Fire Service. A letter thanking the Council for the £1000 promised together with a request for further support. The Clerk was asked to send a letter requesting a copy of their accounts.
51. Balance of Accounts at 13 May 2012
Community Acct (previously known as Treasurers Acct) 5117.46
Business No Notice Acct 26,227.03
Deposit Account 2,623.86
Land to the rear of Sea Breezes 150.00
53. Expenditure. It was resolved to pay the following accounts:
Dyfed Alarms Ltd – annual maintenance contract 192.00
Heddwen Pugh-Evans – welsh translation dog fouling poster 45.54
M Walker – clerks salary 496.20
Ceredigion County Council – planning app re extension to football pitch 165.00
54. Annual Return for Year Ending 31 March 2012. Copies of the annual return were distributed to Cllrs. The Clerk gave a comprehensive report on the accounts and the Annual Return. The Council confirms that the Annual return has been presented to Council and resolved to approve Section 1 – Accounting Statements 2011/12. The Council noted the contents of Section 4 – Annual Internal Audit Report and resolved to approve Section 2 – Annual Governance Statement and authorised the Chairman and the Clerk to sign the Return on behalf of the Council. The Clerk confirmed notices for the Exercise of Electors Rights had been displayed in the four notice boards from 30 April 2012 to 13 May 2012 and that the date of the annual inspection of accounts has been set for Thursday 31st May 2012 between 5.00pm and 8.00pm in the Community Hall.
55. Full planning permission granted.
A100451. Change of use of domestic garage to one bedroom studio for holiday letting. Dunstall, Cliff Road, Borth.
A120214. Retention of alterations and renovations to the Victoria Inn and associated flat. Victoria Inn, High Street, Borth.
56. Planning permission refused.
A120171. Proposed first floor extension and replacement garage. Linkside, Ynyslas, Borth.
57. The Clerk was asked to contact Gwynfor Lewis to ask whether he has been provided with names of owners of the boats on the park. Cllr Lawrence and the Clerk will inspect the boats which have not been identified and request removal of the ones which are not in use. They will be stored in the main car park temporarily. All unidentified boats in reasonable condition will have a notice placed on them to provide the Clerk with up to date contact details.
58. The Chairman asked for assistance in compiling a list of names and addresses of keyholders etc of the various premises in Borth following the recent floods. She was also asked to rearrange a meeting between Mr David Lewis of the Civil Contingency Department at Ceredigion County Council to discuss a Flood Awareness Action Plan.
59. The Clerk was asked to send a Get Well Card to both Graham Taylor and Jo Jones. It was suggested that the Council buy a willow tree in memory of the late Mr Tom Raw Rees and his wife Ann who recently passed away. Cllr Lawrence had been informed by a member of the public that the bridge on Coronation Path was unsafe. The Clerk asked BAM Nuttall if they could move the bridge back on to the sleepers using their fork lift truck. Cllr Bryn Jones mentioned the price increase in garden bags. He also brought to the Council’s attention the dire state of Leri Garage with exposed asbestos sheeting lying on the ground, no roof and no doors. Cllr Quant said he would speak to Ceredigion County Council to ask what they intended to do about this eyesore.
COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
60. Cllr Quant gave a brief update on the coastal defence scheme which was coming to an end and a brief update on Phase 2. He said that the priority now would be to refocus on cleaning the leat. Cllr Quant informed members that the planning rules had changed at CCC. The new ruling allowed local members to speak but not vote on applications within their area. He also mentioned that the base of the fence between Glanwern and the NISA store was rotting. Cllr Quant will follow this up.
NEXT MEETING AND MATTERS FOR AGENDA
61. There being no further business the Chairman closed the public meeting at 9.40pm. Agenda items for the next meeting to be held on Monday 2 July 2012 are to be notified to the Clerk.
- Hits: 5508