CYNGOR CYMUNED Y BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTES OF BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL EXTRAORDINARY
MEETING HELD IN THE MEMORIAL HALL ON WEDNESDAY 28 JULY 2010
AT 19.00 HRS.
|Present:||Chairperson||J M Lawrence|
|G B Jones|
|A J Morris|
|W J Williams|
|In Attendance:||County Cllr:||R P Quant|
|Clerk:||M C Walker|
|6 Members of the Public|
106. Cllr F Hitchings, Cllr M Teasdale and Cllr J Owen.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
107. To remind Cllrs concerning any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting.
COASTAL DEFENCES - PLANNING APPLICATION
108. A100445CD. The proposed development is the construction of a coastal defence scheme for the village of Borth to replace existing dilapidated provision. The works will include the removal of the existing timber groynes and the construction of new rock groynes and rock inshore breakwaters together with nourishment works. Borth Beach, Borth.
109. Coast Protection Act 1949, Notice of Proposed Work, Borth to Ynyslas Coastal Defence Scheme (Phase 1). A letter from CCC asking for comments prior to 2nd August 2010.
110. Ms Ann Budge. A letter noting her concerns in respect of the proposed development of the coastal defence scheme.
Cllr Quant welcomed Bleddyn Jones, project leader for Ceredigion County Council and Ms Sue Byrne of the Countryside Council for Wales to the meeting. They answered questions from the councillors during the consideration of the application.
Cllr Lawrence gave a brief account of the visit to Wallingford on Monday 26th July 2010.
Cllr Quant followed with an overview of the development of the scheme since 2001. He summarised and explained the contents of the planning application which was provided on a CD and had been distributed to members prior to the meeting.
After a lengthy discussion on the physical modelling it was resolved that Borth Community Council strongly supports the planning application with the inclusion of a multi purpose off shore reef.
The proposal was put forward by Cllr Anthony Morris and seconded by Cllr Bryn Jones. 6 voted in favour of the proposal with 1 abstention. Cllr Bainbridge had left the meeting due to a previous commitment prior to the vote.
Expenditure. It was resolved to pay the following accounts:
|Newmans Garden Centre - Flowerbed Competition||45.00|
|Mrs B Lewis - plants for flowerbeds||24.71|
|Mrs J Romary - plants for flowerbeds||13.57|
|Sadie Everard - plants for flowerbeds||22.17|
|Rebus - boat park sign||117.50|
|(Cllr Wyatt offered to purchase a stain for the sign and this was agreed by members)|
|Bryn Jones - mileage for trip to Wallingford||97.40|
112. A100405. Conservatory to rear elevation. Sandy Nook, Ynyslas, Borth. Cllr Bainbridge declared an interest and left the room. No objection.
A100448. Demolition of existing garage and the construction of two detached houses. Breidden, Ffordd y Fulfran, Borth. Cllrs Bryn Jones and Jackie Lawrence declared an interest and left the room. No objection.
A100451. Change of use of domestic garage to one bedroom studio for holiday letting. Dunstall, Cliff Road, Borth. No objection.
A100465. Erection of new porch and balcony structure to front elevation. The White House, High Street, Borth. Whilst the Council has no objection in principle the applicant might like to reconsider the proposed design and materials.
113. There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.20hrs.
- Hits: 4543