Minutes - February 2020
MINUTES OF BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE COMMUNITY
HALL ON MONDAY 3 FEBRUARY 2020 AT 19.00 HRS
Present: Chairperson: R Dalton
G B Jones
D Pryce Jones
A J Morris
In Attendance: County Cllr: R P Quant
Clerk: M Walker
5 Members of the Public.
SUMMIT TO SEA PRESENTATION
289. Ms Sian Stacey attended the meeting to discuss the Summit to Sea project of which she is the community engagement co-ordinator. The aim of the project is to achieve a healthy environment and economy across Wales by talking and working alongside communities. Following a question and answer session the Chair thanked Sian for her presentation.
290. Mrs Andrea Hughes questioned whether the agenda was available on the community website.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
291. To remind Cllrs concerning of any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting.
MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING
292. It was resolved to confirm the minutes of the monthly meeting held on 6 January 2020 as being a true record. Proposed by Cllr Bryn Jones and seconded by Cllr Bainbridge. All members voted in favour.
294. Welsh Government.
A Healthier Wales Newsletter January 2020.
Natural Resources Bulletin January 2020.
295. One Voice Wales.
Details of proposed amendments to two orders on Sustainable Drainage.
Response to the OVW consultation on the Local Government and Elections (Wales) Bill.
Details of the OVW Ceredigion Area Committee meeting on Wednesday 5th February.
Annual Financial Timetable of Actions for Small and Medium Size Councils.
296. Ceredigion County Council. Details and dates of drop in sessions for Ceredigion businesses on the development of the new Ceredigion Economic Strategy (2020-2035).
297. Car park opposite Haven. A letter from a local resident regarding the unsightly fly tipping and hazardous broken glass on the car park and flooding on the estuary road at Ynyslas. It was agreed to forward the letter to CCC for their response.
298. Ecodyfi. Up to date news.
299. Donation Requests. Wales Air Ambulance, Ceredigion 2020 International Sheep Dog Trials.
300. Fields in Trust Cymru. Details of an online link to find out how the Community Council can protect their local green space for future generations.
301. Borth Sports and Playing Fields Association. A request to draw down the £4000 which is the remainder of the funds allocated this financial year.
302. Play for Wales. Winter 2019 issue of the magazine.
303. Road to Sewage Farm. A letter regarding the caravans on the road to the sewerage farm.
304. Balance of Accounts at 13 January 2020
Community Acct 11,657.01
Business No Notice Acct 14,131.02
Deposit Account 3,585.33
Community A/C – Rent of land at Gerydon 100.00
306. Expenditure – Members resolved to pay the following:
M Walker –salary £508, off exp £10.99 518.99
Heledd Davies – translation Jan minutes 60.35
307. Cllr Dalton has made enquiries with HSBC to add further signatures onto the account. This can now be done online and it was agreed that Cllrs Dalton and Bainbridge would set up another 4 members onto the system namely Cllrs Davies, Griffiths, Hughes and Cllr Pryce Jones.
308. Application for Full Planning Permission
A200016. Erection of a new 3 bed dwellinghouse at land adjacent to Silver Ridge, Ffordd y Fulfran. Plot adjacent to Silver Ridge, Ffordd y Fulfran. Borth. Cllr Bryn Jones declared an interest and left the room. No objection.
BOAT PARK LEASE
309. Cllr Morris declared an interest but remained in the room. The Council has not yet received an amended lease from the solicitors. The Clerk was asked to make further enquiries with their insurance company to clarify their position as landlords when the lease to Emma Heathcote is finalised.
310. Cllr Hughes has not yet received a quote for the repairs to the beachside footpath opposite Pebbles.
311. Prior to the meeting the Clerk distributed draft copies of the community warden leaflet prepared by Jull Hulse to councillors for their consideration. Any amendments or suggestions are to be sent to Jill within the next 7 days.
BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL LOGO
312. Cllr Quant showed an image of the BCC logo on the mayoral chain. Whilst members agreed to use the logo it was decided to omit the brass image on the outer section.
313. There was no response to recent notices advertising a vacancy and therefore the council is in a position to co-opt. Anyone interested can contact the Clerk by e-mail or letter.
VE DAY 75 – 8TH MAY 2020
314. Cllr Bainbridge gave brief details of how communities throughout Wales can celebrate VE Day. She has volunteered to contact pubs, bars and caravan sites asking them to raise a glass at 3pm on the 8th May as part of the Nation's Toast to the Heroes of WWII.
315. The Council’s annual dinner has been arranged for the 13th February at the Railway Inn. A section of perspex has vanished on the bus shelter at Cambrian Terrace. The Clerk said she would contact the maintenance section of CCC. Cllr Dalton is concerned that the depth of the shingle bank opposite Pebbles has reduced to 3 metres and that nothing has been done following their recent meeting with Rhodri Llwyd of CCC. Cllr Quant said he would follow this up.
316. Cllr Bainbridge has applied for £5k funding for new equipment for the playground. The Family Centre is holding a fund raising event on the 27th March to raise money for another defibrillator. No update on the Speed Watch Scheme. Cllr Bainbridge mentioned that several black rubbish bags had been left on the playground. Ynyslas bus shelter has been cleaned and more graffiti has appeared. Cllr Bainbridge suggested getting a group together to paint a mural on the walls. Cllr Tweedy said he would assist.
Cllr Jones has received communication asking the Council to support the need for Bodlondeb to operate as an EMI nursing home. Cllr Quant informed members that a paper on Bodlondeb was coming before Cabinet on the 25th March.
Cllr James said that some repairs had been carried out to Clarach Road, however, the potholes had still not been filled.
Cllr Hughes has received an offer to tidy up the car park opposite Haven. Cllr Hughes and Cllr Dalton said they would assist.
Arrangements for defib training will commence soon as Welsh Hearts are able to provide a new trainer to carry out the necessary training.
COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
317. Glanwern speed signs are now completed. Cllr Quant is to attend a Phase 3 meeting on coastal defences and Dyfi Biosphere is subject to a 10 year review.
NEXT MEETING AND MATTERS FOR AGENDA
318. There being no further business the Chairman closed the public meeting at 9.15pm. Agenda items for the next meeting to be held on Monday 2 March 2020 to include Boat Park Lease, Footpaths, Emergency Plan, Council Vacancy and Donations. Any other items are to be notified to the Clerk.
- Hits: 1053