Minutes - December 2011
MINUTES OF BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE
COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 5 DECEMBER 2011 AT 19.00 HRS
Present: Chairperson: A J Morris
W J Williams
In Attendance: County Cllr: R P Quant (Clerk for the meeting)
4 Members of the Public
227. Cllrs C Bainbridge, G B Jones, J M Lawrence, M J Willcox and M Walker (Clerk).
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
228. To remind Cllrs concerning of any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting. Cllr Morris reminded members of Council and all members of the public of the ban on the use of recording equipment during meetings and requested that all mobile phones were switched off.
229. It was resolved to confirm the Minutes of the Council meeting held on 7 November 2011 as being a true record subject to an amendment to Minute 208 which should state “members resolved to seek legal advice in respect of registering the land”.
230. Flood Awareness Action Plan. Minute 193. Cllr Quant reported that Ceredigion County Council intend to organise a meeting with Borth Community Council to discuss an updated action plan.
231 Extension of Playing Field Area. Minute 194. Ongoing.
232. Land to the Rear of Sea Breezes. Minute 197. Ongoing.
233. Registration of Footpath 2/33. Minute 208. The Clerk has received an acknowledgment of the paperwork from Morris and Bates Solicitors.
234. Queens Diamond Jubilee Mug Offer. Minute 214. Cllr Quant informed Council that there are approximately 100 Borth children of primary school age and below. It was agreed to defer this matter until the January meeting.
235. Dogs. Minute 221. As Councillor Willcox was absent from the meeting this item was deferred until the next meeting.
236. Ceredigion Community and Town Council’s Village Renewal Fund. Minute 222. Ongoing.
237. Pen Llyn a’r Sarnau. The ninth publication of the newsletter.
238. Nant y Moch Windfarm Project. The submission of a planning application for the proposed Nant y Moch windfarm is being delayed until Spring 2012.
239. Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Authority. Annual Action Plan for 2012-2013.
240. Bronglais General Hospital. Thank you letters from Mark Williams MP and the Chairman of Hywel Dda Health Board. The Chairman stated that he would write a letter to the Welsh Government.
241. Mid Wales Housing. A request to circulate a poster amongst members for the recruitment of new members to join its Board of Management.
242. A & G Access Hire. A letter advising that the Christmas tree lights are in poor condition. The cost to replace with 4 sets of LED Christmas Lights with transformer is £320.60. It was resolved to accept the quote.
243. Donation Requests. Marie Curie Cancer Care and Home Start.
244. One Voice Wales. An update on amendment to Model Standing Orders and the appointment of training champions.
245. Graeme Taylor. A letter requesting that the council consider erecting a noticeboard close to the bus shelter in Heol Aberwennol. This was agreed subject to permission from Tai Ceredigion to erect a board on their land.
246. Friends of Borth Fire Service. A request for a donation towards a £9000 shortfall for the new fire station. This will be considered during the budget setting process next month.
247. Balance of Accounts at 13 November 2011
Community Acct (previously known as Treasurers Acct) 2,286.97
Business No Notice Acct 11,028.99
Deposit Account 2,483.00
249. Expenditure. It was resolved to pay the following accounts:
T M Lewis – grass cuts to promenade & play area 1,300.00
M Walker – clks salary 488.00
S J Jones – xmas tree 45.00
Cllr Lewis recommended that the grass cutting contract should be put out to tender next year.
250. Application for Full Planning Permission
A110549LB. Installation of a customer information screen and associated works. Borth Railway Station, Cambrian Terrace, Borth. Strongly supported.
251. It was agreed to research who owns the boats and to compile a register for retention by the Clerk. Any boats or trailers with no identified owner will have a notice placed on them and should no owners be identified within three months the boat/trailers will be removed. Cllr Lewis agreed to strim the boat park.
252. Cllr Morris reported on the success of the Bam Nuttall social evening and thanked all those involved in the organisation. The cost would be within the Chairman’s allowance of £200. It was resolved to pay the bill.
253. Cllr Moore reported that there would be a site visit by Ray Ceredigion to the playground on 20th December at 2.30pm.should any Councillor wish to attend. Cllr Jo Jones reminded Councillors of the PACT meeting to be held on the 7th December. There was a general discussion amongst Cllrs about the state of the Old Lerry Garage as to whether or not it might be classed as a dangerous structure. Cllr Quant will seek advice from CCC.
COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
254. Cllr Quant gave a brief update on the cleaning of the Glanwern leat and the new footpath between the TIC and the Golf Club.
NEXT MEETING AND MATTERS FOR AGENDA
255. There being no further business the Chairman closed the public meeting at 20.10hrs. Agenda items for the next meeting to be held on 9 January 2012 to include Precept and Dogs. Any other items are to be notified to the Clerk.
- Hits: 5619