Minutes - June 2013
MINUTES OF BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 3 JUNE 2013 AT 19.00 HRS
Present: Chairperson: J M Lawrence
G B Jones
M J Willcox
W J Williams
In Attendance: County Cllr: R P Quant
Clerk: M Walker
2 Members of the Public
38. Cllr C Bainbridge (Chairman), Cllr L Moore (Vice chairman) and Cllr G Ashley. Cllr J M Lawrence was voted chairperson for the evening in the absence of both chairman and vice chairman.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
39. To remind Cllrs concerning of any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting.
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD ON 13 MAY 2013
40. It was resolved to confirm the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 13 May 2013 as being a true record. The Clerk confirmed that following last months AGM she had made enquiries with Delfan Morgan of One Voice Wales who confirmed that Borth Community Council were carrying out correct procedures in respect of confirming the minutes as a true record at the following monthly meeting as written in the Charles Arnold Baker book on Local Council Administration Edition 8, entry7.36.
41. It was resolved to confirm the minutes of the Council meeting held on 13 May 2013 as being a true record.
42. Flood Awareness Action Plan. Minute 4. Dealt with under Councillors Responsibilities.
43. Balchder Pentrefi Application. Minute 5. Dealt with under Councillors Responsibilities.
44. Public Conveniences. Minute 6. Discussed under Correspondence.
45. DEFRA. A link to a consultation document on the future management of private water supply pipes.
46. One Voice Wales. The Government has published a report on “Crossing the border: road and rail links between England and Wales”, copies of which can be obtained from the Stationery Office or from the Parliamentary Bookshop.
47. One Voice Wales. Details of a Wind Energy Seminar for Councillors and planners in Carno on the 20th June.
48. Rural Housing Enabler. A request from Sian Davies to address the Council at the next monthly meeting.
49. Local Development Plan. In order to help with the introduction of the LDP the Council is holding meetings with Community Councils to discuss the LDP and the new policies. Three meeting dates have been arranged on the 3rd, 12th and 13th of June 2013.
50. Ray Ceredigion. An invitation to attend a one day conference at Tyglyn Hotel, Ciliau Aeron on Tuesday 4th June 2013.
51. One Voice Wales. Notice of the annual conference and AGM to be held on Saturday 5th October in Builth Wells.
52. Balchder Pentrefi. Further to the grant application for funding under the scheme all expenditure must be finalised no later than 31 October 2013 and with all claims submitted no later than 30th November 2013.
53. BDO. A scale of audit fees for year ending 31 March 2013.
54. Ceredigion County Council. An invitation to the Chairman and partner to attend a Civic Service to be held on Sunday 16th June in Cardigan.
55. Wales Rural Observatory – Services Survey 2013. A request to complete the questionnaire sent recently to the Council. Cllr Hulse confirmed that she had completed and returned the questionnaire previously.
56. Borth Mosaics. An e-mail from Pod Clare confirming that she will look at the damage to the mosaics and send an estimate of the cost of the repairs.
57. One Voice Wales. The Commission on Devolution in Wales has begun a programme of public engagement events across Wales to hear views on their review of the current devolution settlement.
58. Coastal Defences. A letter from D S Pryse and Dr N Salmon with queries and objections in respect of Phase 2 of the coastal defence scheme. The Clerk was asked to forward both letters to Rhodri Llwyd of Ceredigion County Council for his response.
59. Clerks & Councils Direct. A copy of the May 2013 issue of the magazine.
60. Public Conveniences. An e-mail has been received from Paul Arnold of Ceredigion County Council confirming that Borths’ contribution to maintaining a winter service for both toilets in Borth would be £4,800 plus VAT. This figure will be capped for the next three years with a review in 2016/17. The Clerk distributed copies of a dummy precept with the correct figures for further consideration. The issue was discussed by members and it was resolved to enter into an agreement with CCC to keep the toilet block open during the winter months based on the quote provided. However, Borth Community Council would wish to review after the first year.
61. Balance of Accounts at 13 May 2013
Community Acct 5,117.39
Business No Notice Acct 32,190.52
Deposit Account 2,765.68
Community Account – sale of 4 Jubilee Mugs at £6 each 24.00
63. Expenditure. It was resolved to pay the following accounts:
M Walker – clerks salary 514.20
64. Annual Return for Year Ending 31 March 2013. Copies of the annual return were distributed to Cllrs. Cllr Quant gave a comprehensive report on the accounts and the Annual Return. The Council confirms that the Annual return has been presented to Council and resolved to approve Section 1 – Accounting Statements 2012/13. The Council noted the contents of Section 4 – Annual Internal Audit Report and resolved to approve Section 2 – Annual Governance Statement and authorised the Chairman and the Clerk to sign the Return on behalf of the Council.
65. Application for Planning Permission Granted
A130225. Demolition of flat roof garage and erection of two storey extension to dwelling. The Lodge, High Street, Borth.
A130246. Variation of condition 1 of planning permission A031350, commencement of development of café, kitchen and reception. The Animalarium, Borth.
66. Nothing to report.
67. Cllr Bryn Jones gave an update on the Balchder Pentrefi project which he feels is now moving forward. Cllr Dalton gave an update on the recent PACT meeting which informed the public that the PCSO working the Borth area would eventually be able to issue fines for dog fouling and walking dogs on the beach during the dog ban season. Cllr Williams mentioned a pothole on Clarach Road which Cllr Quant said he would follow up. Cllr James referred to a near accident by Bryncarnedd whereby a council van pulled out to pass a pedestrian on the bend when there were half a dozen or so motorcyclists travelling in the opposite direction. Cllr Willcox referred to the non collection of refuse on Wednesday last week following the bank holiday and the rubbish scattered on the roadside approaching Leri Bridge. Cllr Hulse spoke about the Flood Awareness Plan and proposed that the Storm and Tempest Committee be reformed. Cllr Willcox agreed to write to all the contacts he had on file and those who attended the last meeting in 2011 to arrange another meeting with them. Cllr Hulse had selected items from “The Voice” which she thought might be useful to the Council and agreed to e-mail all the information to those Councillors with e-mail addresses. Cllr Jones asked the Clerk to send a letter of thanks to the Village Idiots following their retirement.
COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
68. Cllr Quant gave an update on Phase 2 of the Coastal Defence Scheme and distributed copies of the plan which will include three breakwaters and one groyne. The plans are due to be submitted shortly. Cllr Quant gave everyone a copy of a letter received in respect of speeding and unreported accidents on Clarach Road. Cllr Quant has requested a detailed traffic survey on the B4572 with a view to reducing the speed limit. Cllr Quant had received a complaint from Pauline Edwards that there is no disabled access onto the beach by the RNLI due to the works being carried out on the slipway. Cllr Quant reminded everyone that the Veterans Day Parade would march through the village on Wednesday 26th June at 6.30pm. Members resolved to authorise expenditure for a new Red Dragon flag for the Council car park.
NEXT MEETING AND MATTERS FOR AGENDA
69. There being no further business the Chairman closed the public meeting at 8.45pm. Agenda items for the next meeting to be held on Monday 1 July 2013 to include a presentation by the Rural Housing Enabler. Any other items are to be notified to the Clerk.
- Hits: 4628